5 ways to transform your home with fabulous fabric
Now that the Xmas decorations are down, is your house looking a little bit… naked? Fear not, we have 5 top tips that can transform your home by injecting "a small dose of high drama" in the form of our luxurious, high-impact velvet!
1. Go bold – Bold colour, bold pattern is the perfect way to make a statement and command some show stopping moments in your living quarters.
2. Upcycle it – Sometimes it’s so easy to replace a perfectly good armchair, just because it’s old and tired. But if the bones are good, maybe it just need some new clothes? A sad drab beige or neutral armchair could have the potential to steal the spotlight in the lounge. And if you can’t reupholster yourself, there’s plenty of people out there with the skills and it will cost a lot less than a new chair.
3. Make it easy – Everyone’s skills vary, you might be a fully-fledged transformative furniture upholsterer, but if you aren’t you can take on a super simple project. One of our favourite wins is to take our dining chairs and replace the padded fabric, all you need is a staple gun. Table runners & placemats are great little projects too, and there are tutorials a-plenty on YouTube.
4. Do you! – It sounds silly, but we often get lots of questions about fabric, and what will match colour wise. The truth is if you are adding one of our bold velvet prints to a room, it’s going to be ‘statement’ whatever you pick. And that statement really is about you and your taste. So, you should follow your gut. At the same time, if ever you do need help, you know where we are!
5. Matchy Matchy – To embody the Curious look there’s nothing quite like embracing an interior style faux pas – matchy matchy. So that statement chair might deserve a nice lamp next to it, with a matching velvet lampshade, or cushion! Whatever you decide, a nice ‘echo’ of the design in the room can bring a lovely sense of cohesion. We were never ones to follow the rules anyway!